Monday, May 11, 2009

What are some good GeForce video cards?

I know that my computer is compatible with this kind of video card so I want to know which ones are good. Thanks!

What are some good GeForce video cards?
Without your system info, I can only give a general response that may not apply. Right now, I believe the 8800GT is in the sweet spot. I've seen it for around $260 on-line. The model below it is a lot slower, and the model above it is far too expensive for a relatively negligible performance increase. If that's out of your price range, the ATI Radeon 3870 is slightly slower but about forty dollars cheaper. There was a shortage of them the last I heard, and that drove the price into the 8800GT range. But if you can wait a while, that's a solid choice, unless you're eventually planning for a dual-card (or even quad-card) configuration. If that's the goal, stick with Nvidia.


No comments:

Post a Comment