Tuesday, May 18, 2010

What is wrong with my computer/video cards?

I have a Compaq Presario 5838 (Win98) that came with a 3dfx Voodoo card. I bought a 'new' 64mb ATI Radeon 9200 (agp) made by Celestica off of ebay. I installed it and it worked fine for a few months. Then it would only allow me to use 16 colors at 640x480. I tried reinstalling the drivers, and after that failed I put my old voodoo card back in. IT STILL WONT WORK AT HALF-DECENT SETTINGS. My stepdad thinks it might be the agp 'port' or just the whole motherboard.

What is wrong with my computer/video cards?
it could be many things .. i would eliminate software and drivers first ... if it comes down to hardware it could be the motherboard or the psu imo ...
Reply:Dude it can be Either your screencard or Motherboard.Try testing it with another screencard.


No comments:

Post a Comment